Sunday, January 11, 2009



" . . . I give unto thee a promise that this right shall continue in thee, and in thy seed after thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed, even with the blessings of the Gospel, which are the blessings of salvation, even of eternal life."

Abraham 2:11

Our ward clerk gave us a copy of updated (to include Braxton) membership records today for our family. As I looked over each of them, I noticed an obvious difference between the boys' and mine. Mine did not include the phrase 'born in the covenant'. I think I stared at that phrase on Braxton's record for nearly three whole minutes and my mind spiraled in a million different directions. Just a few . . .


Blessed: to be able to say that he was 'born in the covenant'.

Priceless: to have the gift of Eternal Life if he'll keep the commandments.


Thankful: to my mother (and Eric's) who made a decision to lead her family down a different path than she had been led.




I haven't had the opportunity to be sealed to my parents yet; but I have come to trust a just & merciful Heavenly Father will provide us with that opportunity someday in the future. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Boorsma, for providing our family the knowledge we may never have had if it weren't for you. Thank you Mom, for the strength and courage it took to raise your family in the ways of truth and righteousness. If it weren't for the three of you, I wouldn't be where I am, neither would Braxton. The church is true, God lives, the Savior loves us - I know it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really liked this post!